Savoury seeded crackers containing ingredients sourced from the Highlands and Islands. Unique ancient grains, healthy seeds and sprinkled generously with sea salt and crushed peppercorns. Enjoy as a snack or topped with your favourite cheese, dip or pâté.
Highland Crackers was established at the end of 2014 and it grew from a passion to utilise the amazing larder available in the Highlands and Islands. Located near the Highland capital Inverness, iconic Loch Ness and Glen Affric an easy cycle away. Passionate about preserving methods of food production we sought ingredients such as Beremeal (ancient barley) from the Orkney Islands, stoneground at Barony Mill Orkney. Other key ingredients include award winning cold pressed rapeseed oil from Ross-Shire and sea salt.
Highland Crackers are available in three varieties, each bursting with sesame and flaxseeds.
Original and Chilli share the combination of ingredients, while Seeded (which contains no dairy or gluten) is a vegan cracker and is much firmer containing gram (chickpea) flour.
Highland Crackers are a perfect snack, each top rolled with sea salt and crushed pepper prior to baking. A perfect partner to a cheeseboard, or a great alternative to bread with soup.
- Highland Crackers appeared on the Scottish Rural Awards starter menu 2016
- Currently being served at the National Gallery Cafe/Restaurant Edinburgh
- Enjoyed two years running at a Europa event in Brussels celebrating Scottish cuisine
- Served at the Highlands and Islands food and drink awards 2015
Recipes and Food Inspiration
- ScotHot (Trade)
15th – 16th March 2017
Great Taste Awards 2017:
- Chickpea, Cumin & Sesame Crackers – 2 stars
- Highlands and Islands Food and Drink Awards 2015 – Healthier Food and Drink Award
Great Taste Awards 2015:
- Original Crackers – 2 stars
Great Taste Awards 2016:
- Seeded Crackers – 1 star
- Chilli Crackers – 1 star
- Scottish Rural Awards 2016 – Artisan Food Category Finalist