Bosun’s Exceptional Food Products
Bosun’s EFP are based in Felixstowe, Suffolk and create, develop and produce dips, dressings, infused oils, marinades, flavoured crackers, hampers and gourmet food boxes. A registered food production company with a 5 rating from the Food Standards Agency.
For Martin Spence-Robinson, co-founder of Bosun’s Exceptional Food Products, food has been a very important part of his life. From the age of seven he was already learning from the wise matriarchs of his family who imparted their wisdom on preparing ingredients and creating dishes. It was their inventiveness and resourcefulness that inspired Martin to go on to do what he does now, by embracing his culture to develop a wide range of recipes for his range of food products.
Part of Bosun’s roots are attributed to the knowledge of Martin’s great grandfather’s cultivation of the family’s 11 acre farm in the West Indies. Being blessed with a fantastic climate, an array of magnificent fruits and vegetables were grown as well as sugar cane which was distilled into molasses. With this as part of his history, Martin realises that innovative food does not always come about by accident but rather through understanding the role of ingredients and how to unite them, not to mention the craft that is customarily passed from one generation to another.
Along with the other co-founder of Bosun’s, his partner, Anita, who possesses, what he describes as “culinary imagination”, they are able to marry together otherwise unheard of combinations of ingredients to make a product range to enhance and complement a variety of foods.
A variety of products are handcrafted in the Bosun’s kitchen makes infused oils, dressings, sauces, dips and crackers with gluten free, vegetarian and vegan friendly options available.
The Bosun’s range of oils are superior in quality as they start with a base of extra virgin cold pressed olive oil and extra virgin cold pressed rapeseed oil. This oil base is then infused in a marinading process using over ten herbs, spices, citrus fruits and vegetables for a minimum period of two weeks.
For the initial blend, the infused oil is then carefully extracted to undergo a second marinading process with a further combination of ten different herbs, spices, citrus fruits and vegetables for another two weeks. After is this time, the oil is finally bottled.
Bosun’s twice infused oils
“Double Infusion” gives the Bosun’s range of oils their extremely powerful fragrance and distinctively rich and superior taste. These oils are used to enrich their crackers, season dressings, and infuse fruit flavoured oils and sauces with bouquets of excellently balanced savour.
Bringing Bosun’s to the table
The food products currently comprise of 10 double infused oils and double infused fruit flavoured oils; 14 dips and sauces (five of which are vegan & vegetarian friendly); 12 different flavoured crackers. All products are equally useful for the home cook as well as discerning chefs so are available as a retail and catering offering.
Included in the range:
Twice Infused Oils
- Original Twice Infused Flavour
- Twice Infused Oil – With Bee House Forest Honey
- Twice Infused Oil – With Bee House Lavender Honey
- Twice Infused Oil – With Bee House Linden Blossom Honey
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Blackberry Fruit Vinegar
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Lime & Cardomom Fruit Vinegar
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Lime & Coriander Fruit Vinegar
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Mint & Rosemary Fruit Vinegar
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Orange & Bay Fruit Vinegar
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Orange & Mustard Fruit Vinegar
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Orange, Mustard & Balsamic Fruit Vinegar
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Plum & Ginger Fruit Vinegar
- Twice Infused Oil – With Yaffle House Sweet Chilli Fruit Vinegar
Dips & Tartares
- Butter Beans & Spinach
- Haricots & Spinach
- Kidney Beans & Spinach
- Spicy Dip
- Vegan Tartare
All products come with suggested uses to help inspire in the kitchen and are packaged in sustainable and biodegradable materials.
Special Occasions & Gifts
Small hampers with products of your choice for any occasion and the most delicate of wedding favours that can be personalised or tailored for any dietary specification and any preference of taste.
AFT Approved Products
Reviews coming soon on the following products…
- Twice Infused Oil
- Twice Infused Oil – Blackberry
- Twice Infused Oil – Orange and Bay
- Twice Infused Oil – Plum and Ginger
- Twice Infused Oil – Soy and Balsamic (Extra Chilli)
Recipes and Food Inspiration
Farmers' Markets Attending
Colchester Farmers’ Market
First Friday of each month
Lavenham Farmers’ Market
Fourth Sunday of each month
Long Melford Farmers’ Market
Second Saturday of each month
Sudbury’s Farmers’ Market
Last Friday of each month
Wivenhoe Farmers’ Market
Third Saturday of each month
Woodbridge Farmers’ Market
Second and fourth Saturday of each month
Wyken Farmers’ Market
Breakfast at Bosun’s
It is possible for you to experience a sensational breakfast to remember that you can cook for yourself at home.
They will deliver your order (free of charge within a 15 mile radius of Felixstowe) – a selection of Bosun’s Products and locally sourced ingredients so you can recreate one of their Gourmet Breakfasts.
The Gourmet Breakfast includes a selection of Bosun’s Exceptional Food Products and easily serves four people.
In addition there is:
- Fresh fruit (organic selection)
- 4 large eggs (free range)
- Vine tomatoes (generous sprig)
- 4 Large stuffed mushrooms (seasoned blend of dairy/mascarpone)
- 1 Very large serving of Bosun’s Root Mash (premium potatoes, seasoned blend of dairy, red onions, shallots and seasonally selected vegetables)
- 1 x 8oz jar of Bosun’s Premium Beans (Kidney & Butter beans poached in an exceptionally rich, lightly spiced sauce made from reduced sun-dried tomatoes, smoked garlic and caramelised shallots)
- 1 x 4oz Jar of Bosun’s Dairy Dip (a seasoned blend of dairy/mascarpone)
- 1 x 100ml Bosun’s Twice Infused Oil
(a careful blend of extra virgin cold pressed rapeseed oil & extra virgin cold pressed olive oil marinaded in over 20 herbs, spices, seasonal fruits and vegetables)