A blend of sweet and spice creates unique flavours throughout our preserves and chutneys, nuts and fudge. All lovingly homemade, with natural preservatives.
Kanwal Pattar inherited her passion for food from her mother while growing up in the Punjab region of India. She went on to learn how to blend delicate spices in cookery school, before moving to England’s in 1978.
Since then Kanwal has run numerous workshops and courses teaching the traditional ways to cook Indian dishes, sharing her own recipes with her students. In the 1990s she also presented a cookery show on Indian Sky channel Namaste.
In 2014 Kanwal decided to establish her own range of artisan food products – and so Hibiscus Lily was born. With Indian-inspired cuisine at its heart, Kanwal’s range of delicious chutneys, relishes, jellies, luxury fudge and spiced nuts are all produced by hand in leafy Hertfordshire.
With a passion for only using traditional methods and natural ingredients without the use of additives or artificial preservatives, the Hibiscus Lily range is truly authentic. Indeed almost all of the products are flavoured with home-grown herbs and freshly ground spices, with all of the fabulous chutneys and relishes made using only the finest of local ingredients.
For those indulgent moments Hibiscus Lily’s wonderful range of fudge offers completely unique flavour combinations, from Cardamom and Coffee to Pistachio and Rose, whilst the fruit jellies make the perfect accompaniment to both hot and cold meats, cakes, cookies and ice-cream.
In keeping with a healthy philosophy every product is made and set using naturally unrefined sugar – the way quality food should be!
‘Hibiscus Lily’ – made with love, produced with pride, eaten with joy
AFT Approved Products
- Spiced Plum & Fig Chutney
- Lemon & Ginger with Turmeric Marmalade
- Caramelised Red Onion Marmalade
- Spicy Orange, Lemon & Lime Marmalade
- Hot and Spicy Date & Tamarind Chutney
- Pomegranate Jelly with Roast Petals
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Chai Latte Fudge
- Spicy Cashew Nut Fudge
- Spicy Ginger Fudge
- Chilli Chocolate Fudge
Recipes and Food Inspiration
Farmers' Markets Attending
Bishop’s Stortford Farmers and Craft Market
North Street, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire CM23 2LD
First Saturday of each month
The Sunday Artisan Market, Hampstead Community Centre
High Street, Hampstead, London NW3 1RE
The fourth & fifth Sunday of the month
- Hibiscus & Pomegranate Jelly – 1 star
Great Taste Awards 2017:
- Lemon & Ginger with Turmeric Marmalade – 1 star
The Marmalade Awards 2017:
- Citrus Preserve With Interesting Additions – Lemon & Ginger with Turmeric – Gold
- Marmalade To Go with Savoury Food – Spicy Orange, Lemon & Lime – Silver
Chutney Awards 2015:
- Caramelised Red Onion Marmalade – Silver
- Apple, Lemon & Mint Jelly – Silver
- Pomegranate Jelly with Chilli flakes – Bronze