This recipe idea is based on the fiery Brazilian stew know as Vatapa and is very straightforward to make as Capsicana has done most of the work for you.
It’s full of flavour with a good kick of chilli to perk up your taste buds and any leftover Christmas turkey.
If you need to feed more, for example, four people, you’ll need another pack of Capsicana Cook Sauce and double up the other ingredients.
- 1 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon, fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pack Chilli & Coconut Brazilian Cook Sauce
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 25g roasted peanuts
- 1 tomato
- 200g cooked turkey breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- juice of half a lime
- small handful coriander leaves, chopped
If your peanuts are salted, place them in a sieve and run under the cold tap. Leave to drain then chop very finely.
Skin the tomato by cutting a cross into the skin, at the bottom and put into a bowl and pour over boiling water Leave for a few minutes then remove the tomato from the water and peel off the skin, which should come away easily. Chop into largish chunks.
Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions, red pepper and courgette and fry gently, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
Tip in the Chilli & Coconut Cook Sauce and stir well to mix. Stir in the chopped peanuts, turmeric and paprika and simmer for a couple of minutes. If the sauce becomes a little thick, just stir in some water.
Add the cooked turkey and tomato and simmer lightly until it is warmed through (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
Stir in the lime juice and chopped coriander and serve with rice.
NOTES ON INGREDIENTS
The turkey in this recipe is a free range Norfolk Bronze from Morton’s Traditional Taste.
Chilli & Coconut Brazilian Cook Sauce is simple to use – just add meat or fish and vegetables – available from Capsicana.
Join our Newsletter Email List
For the latest producer info, shows, markets, recipes, competitions and more each month. Please be assured that we don't sell or pass on your information to third parties.
Keep up to date with:
- New and approved producers and produce
- Offers, discounts, competitions and more
- Seasonal produce and great tasting downloadable recipe ideas
- Shows, events and markets