Paganum Butchery & Charcuterie Courses
Artisan butchery & charcuterie courses in the Yorkshire Dales. Butchery and charcuterie courses throughout the year.
Ever fancied having a go yourself? Our Butchery, Sausage Making and Basic Charcuterie course offers something a little bit different, visit our traditional Dales Farm, try your hand at butchery, sausages, curing and lots more, great informative fun and superb Dales hospitality. Held monthly usually on a Friday towards the end of the month. For groups we can deliver a bespoke course, event or experience and arrange any time or date to suit you.
With five generations of experience our family butchers can teach you a trick or two, from basic butchery and knife skills to curing your own bacon, making the perfect sausage or even try your hand at Salami and Chorizo. Courses are held on the farm near Malham in the Yorkshire Dales, includes farm and butchery tour and chance to meet the pigs and other stock, refreshments and lunch are provided.
Pork Butchery, Sausage making and basic charcuterie itinerary:
Start 9.30am with a tour of the farm and meet the pigs
- Bacon butties and coffee on arrival at Town End Farm Shop
- Brief tour of the farmyard and meet the animals
- Knife skills, safety and equipment
- Pork primal cuts
- Pork butchery cuts and joints
- Lunch at Town End Farm Shop
- Basic curing and charcuterie
- Sausage making
- You will leave with course notes and a goodie bag of your handy work at approx. 5pm
Our regular courses include:
- Pork Butchery, Sausage making and basic Charcuterie
- Italian Salumi
- French Charcuterie
- Sausage demonstrations at your event
- Lamb Butchery
- coming soon