Seggiano Organic Oven Roasted Tomatoes – sunshine in a jar
Wonderfully sweet and fruity, Seggiano Organic Oven Roasted Tomatoes are quite different from the usual sun-dried tomatoes which have a tendency to be on the salty side. Seggiano’s are certainly more full of flavour too with a nice soft texture. Sometimes the sun-dried variety can be a little leathery so these oven roasted tomatoes are more preferable.
Each jar is packed with Mediterranean Sicilian sunshine. The cherry tomatoes are organically grown and fully ripened before being lightly roasted and bathed in the producer’s own stone milled extra virgin olive oil. Some salt, garlic and oregano is added for subtle flavour to complement the richness.
The tomatoes do carry what seems to be quite a high price tag compared to what can be found in most supermarkets but there is a big difference in quality and flavour as pure extra virgin olive oil is used as opposed to sunflower oil.
We really like that fact because whatever oil is left in the jar, after the tomatoes have been eaten, will be used to dress salads, meats and fish and even a hunk of bread would be good dipped in.
Use Seggiano Organic Oven Roasted Tomatoes in a wide variety of dishes
In addition to using Seggiano Organic Oven Roasted Tomatoes in antipasto they can be added to all sorts recipes for flavoursome meals:
- Great as a topping for crostini or bruschetta along with ricotta, tapenade or even better, some Seggiano Raw Bail Pesto
- Jazz up some simple cheese on toast with a few oven roasted tomatoes
- Replace fresh tomatoes with them in a BLT
- Add to salads for a more intense tomato bite
- Add to pasta dishes
- Make some party nibbles by skewering them alternately with bocconcini halves (small fresh mozzarella balls) on a cocktail stick
- Top some grilled chicken along with mozzarella and bake until the cheese melts
- Spoon some on top of polenta for a side dish or lunch.
- Make a tart or quiche and add the roasted tomatoes along with the rest of the filling
Seggiano sell direct from their website and their products are also available to buy from many good delicatessens and farm shops.
Sign up to receive our newsletter
For the latest producer info, shows, markets, recipes, competitions and more each month.
Please be assured that we don't sell or pass on your information to third parties.
Keep up to date with:
- New and approved producers and produce
- Offers, discounts, competitions and more
- Seasonal produce and great tasting downloadable recipe ideas
- Shows, events and markets