Truffled Potato and Celeriac Bake
This is great as a side dish with roasted meats or even with a crisp green salad or just on its own.
- 15g dried porcini or wild mushrooms (optional)
- 1kg potatoes, peeled
- 1 small celeriac, peeled and halved
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500ml double cream
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp truffle oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated
Soak the mushrooms in hot water for 15 minutes until softened, then chop into small pieces.
Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
Cut the potatoes and celeriac into half centimetre thick slices. Put the slices into a large saucepan, cover with cold water, add some salt, place on the hob and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then drain in a colander. Leave the potatoes and celeriac in the colander for a minute or two to allow the steam to evaporate off.
Tip the potatoes and celeriac back into the pan with the cream, garlic, thyme, porcini mushrooms, truffle oil, half the Parmesan and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
Mix together, then tip into the baking dish spreading out evenly. If there’s any mixture left in the pan, pour this over the top. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan, cover tightly with tinfoil and cook in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
Check the potatoes are cooked through by inserting the point of a knife in the centre – they should be soft.
You may need to remove the foil about 10 minutes before the end of cooking time to help the top brown.
If you want more truffle flavour just add a few drops of truffle oil to the top when serving.
Join our Newsletter Email List
For the latest producer info, shows, markets, recipes, competitions and more each month. Please be assured that we don't sell or pass on your information to third parties.
Keep up to date with:
- New and approved producers and produce
- Offers, discounts, competitions and more
- Seasonal produce and great tasting downloadable recipe ideas
- Shows, events and markets