Zingy Honey Chilli Chicken (or Pork)
Don’t be put off by the amount of chilli used as honey has the ability to tame the heat into an overall mellowness.
It can be served with rice, crusty bread or new potatoes with a crisp green salad.
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- 2 red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp worcester sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breasts or 4 pork chops
- 1 red capsicum pepper, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin cold pressed rapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
In a small bowl, mix the honey, chilli, worcester sauce, vinegar and lemon juice. Add the rosemary, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
Take each chicken breast and score the flesh diagonally 3 times. Place in an ovenproof dish along with the capsicum pepper and pour over the marinade. Leave for an hour or so to allow the flavours to mingle.
Drizzle the chicken with the olive oil and place in the oven for 20-30 mins, basting 2-3 times during cooking. As ovens vary check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through by inserting a skewer into the thickest part of a breast. The juice should run clear.
Take the dish from the oven and remove the chicken and peppers, using tongs to another dish and keep warm. Pour the juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil and allow to cook until the liquid has reduced by half and has thickened slightly. Turn down the heat to low.
In a small bowl mix the cornflour with a small amount of cold water. Pour a little into the reduced marinade and stir until it has thickened, simmer gently for a minute. Pour over the chicken and serve.
More recipes to try…
Sign up to receive our newsletter
For the latest producer info, shows, markets, recipes, competitions and more each month. Please be assured that we don't sell or pass on your information to third parties.
Keep up to date with:
- New and approved producers and produce
- Offers, discounts, competitions and more
- Seasonal produce and great tasting downloadable recipe ideas
- Shows, events and markets